Commissioner on the Madison Heights Human Relations & Equity Commission
SEAN D. FLEMING APPOINTED TO MADISON HEIGHTS HUMAN RELATIONS AND EQUITY COMMISSION
I believe in the fair and impartial treatment and inclusion of all of our citizens of our city of Madison Heights. Nurturing human relations will unify our community.Commissioner Sean Fleming
Sean D. Fleming was appointed to the Madison Heights H.R.E.C. Human Relations and Equity Commission . Mr. Fleming is a member of the Madison Heights and Metro Detroit Jewish Community and a veterans advocates. He is focused on building a great community.
Commissioner Fleming has been an integral part of the HREC. He has voted in support of the following;
ORDINANCES RECOMMEND TO THE CITY COUNCIL
- An Ordinance to make Income source non-discrimination a civil infraction
- A Human Rights Ordinance that would protect against LGBTQIA+ discrimination
- Juneteenth 2021
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month 2021
- LGBTQIA+ Month 2021
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day on January 27th 2021.
- Jewish American Heritage Month 2021
Equity and Inclusion
- For the removal of gender identification from city controlled forms and if they gender is asked to simply have an open line for self identification.